By registering for the Push4Men the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18 (“you/yours”), acknowledge and agree that you are entering into an agreement with the organiser, The Australian Men’s Health Forum (“The Foundation”), of Push4Men (“the Event”), and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Push4Men involves completing a nominated number of push-ups from 9-18 June, 2021, and fundraising to support the work done by AMHF. The participant should seek professional advice from a medical practitioner before setting their personal distance goal.
Any participant under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian listed on the website and tick the box confirming their acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of the participant.
Note: Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to register for the event.
1. You understand that by registering for the Event, you pledge to raise funds in support of The Australian Men’s Health Forum to improve men and boys’ health and wellbeing in Australia.
2. Refunds of donations – AMHF is happy to refund a donation made in error or transfer to the appropriate participant. If you wish to request a refund, please contact AMHF using the Contact Us section of the website.
Risk and Responsibility
1. The participant is responsible for ensuring that they have adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally for the Event and by entering the Event, the Participant warrants that they have done so and are not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause them injury or death during the Event period. If the Participant has any health issues or doubts prior to or during the Event, the Participant warrants that they will immediately seek appropriate medical advice.
2. If, during the Event, the Participant becomes ill or is injured, the Participant warrants that they will cease participation in the Event until they have sought the advice of a medical professional.
3. You acknowledge and accept that there is a real risk of injury in participating in the Event and that you are voluntarily accept those risks.
4. You will use your best efforts to avoid or minimise the risks to yourself when participating in the Event.
5. You agree to AMHF collecting, storing and processing your information for the purpose of conducting the Event, and providing you with other information related to AMHF.
6. You agree that if you are the parent or guardian of a participant under the age of 18, you must arrange for appropriate supervision whilst they are participating in the event.
Media and Publication
1. You agree not to use the intellectual property of AMHF or Push4Men, including but not limited to logos and trademarks, except with the prior written consent of the relevant owner of the intellectual property.
2. You give permission for AMHF to use your image, voice, statements and name in any media representation before and after the Event and you understand that no compensation is payable to you for the use of your image, voice, statement and/or name.
3. You acknowledge that AMHF takes the protection of your privacy seriously and that you have a right to request AMHF not to use or to remove your image, voice, statement and/or name from any media or publication.
Content and data
2. The Australian Men’s Health Forum does not claim ownership of content the Participant may submit or make available for inclusion on their fundraising page or on social media. However, with respect to content the Participant submits, the Participant grants AMHF a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, as applicable, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display and otherwise exploit such content for the purposes of promoting Push4Men.
3. Any content a participant posts to the website (e.g. photos and videos) is the participant’s responsibility, and they must make sure that they have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary).
4. AMHF reserves the right to delete any content posted, which violates someone else’s right, is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent or otherwise violates the law.
The Participant acknowledges that they participate in the Event at their own risk. The risks associated with participating in Push4Men include but are not limited to the risk that:
• The Participant may suffer harm from physical exertion;
• The Participant may injure themselves.
When setting their Push4Men goal, Participants are encouraged to choose a level that is appropriate to their level of fitness and strength, and to seek medical advice if they are unsure.
Waiver, Release, Indemnity and Liability exclusions
The Participant releases the Australian Men’s Health Forum (and their directors, officers, employees, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, contractors and subcontractors) (individually and together the “Those Released”) from all claims (including those arising out of negligence), loss, damage, liability, cost and expense arising out of the Participant’s participation in the Event and the Participant indemnifies Those Indemnified against any claim (including but not limited to those arising in negligence), loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by Those Indemnified in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by the Participant or which was in any way connected with the Participant’s involvement in the Event.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any term, condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy (including but not limited to a guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”) which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified.